kanekitheghoul's avatar

• Engurand
  • Joined Jan 14, 2018

Kakegurui

Feb 10, 2019

I held up Kakegurui for a while because I didn't like the theme of gambling since I really don't understand Jokers, Chips, Queens, Full houses etc. But when I finally got to watching this even I could understand it and I loved every plot twist when Yumeko was playing a gamble. This. Anime. Is. Full. Of. Surprises.

Story :

The story didn't really make sense because there was no goal or proper ending. There were some events or arcs but nothing out fo the ordinary, just a girl gambling to her hearts content.

Animation :

The animation for this anime was REALLY good, I especially liked the different styles in the different settings. Sometimes in the intense settings teh faces of the characters got realy realistic and a little disturbing (see below), but everything else was amazing.

One of the VERY disturbing faces.

Sound :

I didn't love the sound as all of the girls sounded the same and there wasn't a lot of male characters for me to talk about the boys. I really hated the irrelevant screaming that sounded like something out of a hentai. It really made the show sometimes unbearable to watch.

Characters :

Although some of the characters were repetitive with their extreme gambling addictions, each character was almost creepy in their own way and had their own backstory. Their minds and how they think was really interesting especially MC Jabami Yumeko who acted really calm and spotted all the cheating.