jupchurch's avatar

• Joined Sep 9, 2015
  • 25 / Other

Sushi Police

Mar 24, 2017

First off, this was a hilarious little series that I managed to watch all in a day. Albeit, it was hard to find it online and get it to stream properly. Goofy, raucous, and almost satirical in the right light; this series is short, sweet, and to the point. Pardon my cliche. If you've got a couple hours to yourself someday, it is totally worth a watch.

Not a lot to say about it, it is fairly straight forward in it's delivery. It was simple for the most part but the twists at the end left me feeling like I was watching an M. Night Shamlamadingdong movie. For that, I can only fault it slightly. It goes: Stop bad sushi, what if we are the bad guys, random robot back story, and evil sushi man with confusing motives.

I wwill keep this brief. I hate CG animated films and shows, they are often done poorly. This is totally biased and should not affect your desire to watch, the animation is for the most part clean and lends to the funny atmosphere of the show. The portly boss and the spindly nerd fit their roles well, as I attempt not to spoil any of their backgrounds. Just not my cup of tea, you see?

Not a huge expert, but it all sounded clean to me. Clarity was provided and the sound track was as goofy and fun as the characters. Now I will say that the voices are not always the most pleasent to listen to. I am not entirely certain on whether this is the fault of the actors or the sound engineers. Therefore, I must not fault it for lack of a clear conclusion within my own mind.

Great for the roles they intended to fill. Motivations were not always clear, especially for the villain, so for that I fault it. Back stories were very minor considering the scope of the series and it's intent, but they are randomly tossed in and don't add to the overall piece. Otherwise it is a short series, I am not going to dedicate much more analysis to the characters than this.

9.5/10 characters