Oh dear, this was a trainwreck. As a huge fan of Berserk after watching this i cried in horror of how bad they adapted the manga, if you really want to follow the Berserk story, read the manga and watch 1990's Berserk.
Why you shouldn't watch berserk 2016/17
- CGI makes emotionless characters
- voice acting doesn't properly portray emotions of characters correctly
- Looks like an old Jojo game on the PS2
- Story is a mess, introduces characters too early on and moves arcs around so it is hard to follow
- Directed by Shin Itagaki, someone with no experince with action anime before that really shows when you watch some of the scenes play out
- camerea angles make it hard to see what is going on in some of the scenes as you cannot tell who is fighting who
- animation constantly being swapped between 2d and 3d so it is difficult to properly get used to a single animation style because you are having to constantly switch between the 2
Please don't watch this and go read the manga to honour Kentaro Miura's legacy by not watching this trash.