ironsakura's avatar

ironsakura

• Joined Dec 20, 2020
  • ?

Basically 13 short little stories based on Japanese urban legends or myths. In my opinion season 5 is just short of being as good as season 1. The difference is so small that I still rate both as 3.5. Most of the stories seemed to focus on ghosts, which to me is extra scary. They brought the original Story Teller back, so that is awesome. The opening scene is still in the park, but the children are faceless now, there are a lot more of them, and to me they seem to move like zombies.

Animation:

The animation is still good, and they have an grainy effect, with black spots popping in and out, like an older movie. Pretty good effect in my opinion.

Sounds:

Sound is excellent. The main thing they did was to stop the constant narration like that did in YS 4 and allow the stories to tell themselves. It allows for more immersion.

No real comment, because as always, each story has its own characters. Except to mention once again, the original Story Teller is back.

Overall:

Overall, I would say it is almost on par with season 1. The stories are creepier and scarier. The original Story Teller with his creepy and atmospheric voice is back. for sure, headed back in the right direction. Hopefully season 6 keeps going the same way.