insomniacReject's avatar

insomniacReject

• Joined May 11, 2018
  • ?

Not gonna lie, I started reading this because I'm a sucker for YouTube click-bait advertising. It's a rather strange series and is sometimes a little hard to follow, and let's just not mention the... questionable... activities the characters partake in or the motivation behind said actions.

It is not to be said however that there is no plot or that it does not hold one's attention. In fact, despite it's many misgivings, I find myself wondering what will happen in the next installment. The more you read, the more the plot thickens, and it is realised that the connections between the characters, who range from suspicious to naive, kind to selfish, cunning to slow, are deeper than they appear. Whether these connections are known to the characters or not varies.

However, this manta certainly does have its faults. For one thing, many of the characters are sexually active in ways that would be out right scandalous in real life, and while the characters usually have reasons for acting the way they do, there not always satisfying or fully fleshed out reasons. If you've ever watched Citrus, then you have experienced a series that cleverly and satisfyingly uses the characters own questionable actions as major plot points. This manga however, fails to do the same.

In short, it is a series I would only recommend if I believed one would truly enjoy it. On the other hand, neither would I tell a person not to read it, only caution them as to what to expect. Its a good time killer, but you're not missing out on much if you decide you don't like it.

6.5/10 story