iforinsignificant's avatar

iforinsignificant

• Joined Jan 9, 2021

I intially went into this with low expectations but the beginning was unexpectedly good and my expectations were raised as a result. That came to harm my enjoyment of the show in the end because those expectations were most certainly not met which is a shame because most of the characters here are really likeable and there are almost no annoying ones but the story and pacing just don't do them any justice at all. We could have had something really special here if characters and their relationships were just given some time to develop and flourish but the show falls into repetitive cliches pretty quickly and the story is just poor.

I would have loved to just have two characters at the start growing closer over time and other characters being added slowly but no such luck. Instead we get all these other characters shoved in with weird pacing and non-sensical story progression most of the time. Just give the characters time so they can organically create something the viewer would care about because the interactions were promising. In the end it turned out to be just another isekai and even though it was thankfully without any male characters and had some yuri undertones (that gives it bonus points from me but very little), nothing really had much substance especially when it came to the relationships. A real shame to have all these promising characters wasted like this.

Anyway, it's a half decent feel good isekai with no real stakes or substance. The animation is good, the voice acting is great, music is decent enough, story is crap but the characters are nice and diverse, they get lost in the clusterfuck nature of the story though and can't really shine. A decent watch nonetheless, gets a bit boring so don't binge.

5.7/10 overall