halfdan's avatar

• Sacramento
  • Joined Mar 4, 2009

Dragon Ball Z Kai

Mar 31, 2010

I actually stopped watching Dragonball Z during the Freiza saga because I got so tired of them stretching the show out. However I was a fan of the series at one time so I always intended to finish it.

So when I heard about Dragonball Kai and how it's intention was to edit out the filler and endless battle scenes with no plot, I realized my time to finish the series was here.

STORY- Not really Dragonball Z's strong point to begin with, but filler aside, it was interesting enough to keep peoples interest. The elimination of the long dull spots helps keep the story more manageable.

ANIMATION- This remastered cut lookes real bright and clean, and for the shows time the animation was pretty good. Nothing epic, but very solid and unique.

SOUND- The entire series has been redone with voice acting, music and sound effects. So that is a definite standout.

CHARACTERS- Not necesarilly deep characters, but everyone likes them. They all have a different vibe and are memorable.

OVERALL- Well it is a rehash, so I wouldn't get carried away with the score. However, for those who didn't care for some of the endless filler and droned on battle scenes of the original, this edited version is the perfect solution. Also, for those with some nostalgia, this is a great way to relive the series without torturing ones self through the entire 300~ episodes.

In my eyes, this cut was a great idea, and so far it is being executed quite nicely.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or

ZeroTwoNiner Jan 22, 2011

Accidentally took out the section where I mentioned the lack of filler... Kind of the main point that I was commenting on...

ZeroTwoNiner Jan 22, 2011

To tell you the truth, I never knew what the whole "Kai" thing was about. I just thought they were re-airing it with a different opening, or something.

There really should be some mention of that in the Synopsis section of it's page...