giingeyyy's avatar

giingeyyy

• Joined Jan 31, 2021

I first watched this series at the beginning of 2021 whenever it dropped on Netflix (lame I know), but honestly, I have fallen in love with this series. The story is very simplistic and not overly complex, and I don't mean that in a bad way at all! Since the story is so easy to follow along with I believe that it is a great anime for beginners. I have recommended Demon Slayer to plenty of my friends and family members who are new to anime and they love the series. This is a story with well-choreographed action sequences, while at the same time, dishing out its heart-wrenching and emotional scenes that will leave you grabbing for your box of tissues. The series maintains a healthy balance of the two, as well as giving its watchers a little bit of comedy in between.

The animation, OH MY GOD THE ANIMATION! *chef's kiss* It's Ufotable so that should say a lot. The animation is visually stunning and as I stated above the fight scenes are beautifully choreographed. Considering how little its budget was for each episode compared to other series makes it even more jaw-dropping. The budget for Demon Slayer ranged around $80,000-90,000 per episode. Comparing it to series like My Hero Academia ($110,000 per episode) and Death Note ($1,000,000 per episode) which had humongous budgets really made my jaw hit the floor. Author's Note: I'm not saying that those two series have terrible animation compared to Demon Slayer, I actually quite enjoy their animation a lot as well. I just used them as an example when I looked at their budgeting! I was quite shocked yet intrigued by the budget differences between the three series.

The sound.. 10/10! First off, having LiSA in both the opening (Gurenge by LiSA) AND ending song (From the Edge by FictionJunction featuring LiSa) is just *chef's kiss* I'm not going to even talk about all the other artists featured in the OST because every single song was just so well done and they just scratch a certain itch in my brain that made me so happy. I don't know what else to say because Demon Slayers soundtrack was just so well done. The voice acting for both sub and dub was really well done and I thought that their voices matched perfectly to the characters with the exception of Bryce Papenbrook, who haunts every anime I watch. No offense, I love the guy but I don't know his voice just reminds me of Eren Yeager with a cold.

The characters are small in number and each of them have distinct characteristics and tasteful color palettes that it's easy for me to remember each character by name. This is coming from someone who just recently finished Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden where I had a hard time remembering a lot of the cast because there are SO many and a lot of them just ended up blurring together because they were just too similar. ANYWAYS! Some characters can be annoying (looking at Zenitsu) but what shonen doesn't have a pervy or crybaby. Despite this, I still love some aspects of the characters I may not like as much as the rest of the cast. While I do think Zenitsu can be a little exasperating to me, I do find his fighting style and his small backstory intriguing.

TLDR; Demon Slayer's simplistic story brings its audience breathtaking animation, a superb soundtrack, and individualistic characters. I'll even give it a lovely .5 bonus for its ability to engage people who may have never been a part of or are new to the anime community.