getou's avatar

• Joined Dec 12, 2020
  • ? / M

Efforts Never Betray

Jul 21, 2021

Very realistic portrayal of anxiety and and abuse. A lot of people can, unfortunately, relate to being driven to the brink from academic pressure excused from society and Efforts Never Betray manages to showcase it masterfully.  I don't usually get emotionally attached to characters/plots so I was very surprised to find myself heartbroken from the main character and crying almost all the way through and this is why the finale of the series hurts so much because it's isn't a happy one, if I'm being honest the finale was not a finale at all and rather a cliffhanger. Which is very frustrating when I spent the last two hours crying for this abused child. I suppose you could call it as the author saying that you can't "recover" from such serious mental health issues & abuse without intervention/ professional help, If you're being charitable, but to me it felt like the author giving up on the story itself but at the end of the day it's their story to tell. I definitely wouldn't recommend this manhwa if you're not in the best headspace because this manhwa might offer you recognition but it wouldn't offer you comfort.