fnaftheory's avatar

fnaftheory

• Joined May 30, 2022

Bibliomania

Nov 5, 2022

Honestly it's hard to find words to describe this manga, except that it's truly a work of art. The art is amazing and really helps tell the story without words, but the dialogue is on point as well. It's not a psychological story in the typical sense, but it's more like an abstract piece of art, where even the seemingly simple scenes could be full of deeper meanings.
I honestly respect how the author was able to make it clear what everything meant to the characters in their world, while leaving the symbolism and hidden meanings vague enough for debate. Growing up religious, I initially saw it as a bit of religious symbolism (the serpent, the number of the devil, avoiding temptation and despair, etc), but then I thought perhaps it was about the dangers of war, namely nuclear war, or things that are perfect really are not, and looks are decieving, or even that knowledge itself is dangerous. You'll know what I mean if you read it, but there's a lot going on in a few chapters, and it's charming enough to be enjoyed for what it is on the surface, but the deeper themes make it a much more complex and scary story.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or