duchessliz's avatar

• Joined Jan 5, 2012
  • ? / F

The Lady with a Mask

May 21, 2020

I've been on a manhwa spurt lately and while trying to find something new to read, I stumbled upon this series and couldn't put it down until I'd finished it in it's entirety. Admittedly, easy as it was only 55 chapters and immensely entertaining! x'D

This is, without a doubt, one of the funniest boss-secretary relationship stories I've ever read as in the beginning the boss, one Harrison Kwon is an absolute terror! His secretary, one Viola Lim used him as fodder for a childrens story she wrote where he is made into a bully who picks on the MC of her book. To Viola the book had been an outlet, even if it hadn't done so well in sales.

The thing is, her boss Mr. Kwon is raising his nephew Will on his own and his nephew is a HUGE fan of her book and so Mr. Kwon sets out to discover the identity of the writer all the while Viola is desperate to hide her identity due to her fear of her bosses reaction once he learns the bully in the story is based off him. An easy conclusion to make considering the characters name is 'Harry'.

The story gets even more hilarious as her boss starts to notice that his secretary is not the cool, calm, and composed woman he always thought she was and he becomes her own personal stalker, much to her own horror! x'D She continues to shoot him down and becomes more and more blunt, much to his own irritation and our amusement!

But the longer she spends around him, the more she gets to know him, the more he grows on her and she's not exactly sure how to take that...

All in all, this manhwa was immensely entertaining with a great plot, good artwork, and very well written characters. You get a ton of comedy, some drama, and a lovely romance tossed in with some family feels to top it off! It was a great read and definitely a story I'd recommend to romance readers!

^Adorable, aren't they?! ;D