deltaangelfire's avatar

• florida
  • Joined Nov 23, 2007

The Fruit of Grisaia

Nov 16, 2014

This is a review based on 7 of ?? episodes.

This anime started off very promising - Characters had their own twists without being too hackneyed. The animation was above average, and the story seemed to be well paced.

Then episode 6 came along.

You can immediately tell when the producers just stopped caring. The animation quality was still good, but suddenly the story was rushed and heaped with mountains of exposition. There was no build-up or well thought out resolutions. Episode 7 was slightly better but both of these single episodes should easily have been a story arc at least 2 or 3 episodes in themselves. I'm highly disappointed, and if episode 8 does nothing to curb these trends, I will be dropping this.

It started off so well too.

UPDATED:
Finished this season and started on S2

This season is more and more obviously becoming a throw away prequel in my eyes. The pacing issues continued through the end of the series with an unprecedented and unnecessary 4 part finale for girl E which is almost more than girls A B C and D got combined. It also was the slowest and action lacking arc of the season and is the only damn arc that should've been cut down to two episodes.

All in all the production team really dropped the ball on this one. Thankfully season 2 seems to be turning out alright but basically this one is a wash. I'd say to skip this one, but you need SOME setup for S2. How annoying. You can at least skip eps 11 and 12, you're not missing anything at all there.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or

serge512 Jan 21, 2015

i felt the same but i still finished it, and it wasn't disappointing. pls have into account finishing it so you can write a proper review.

disappointing