dalmain's avatar

• Joined Apr 23, 2008
  • ? / M

X TV

Nov 24, 2014

I've never seen the movie version or read the manga. Kamui is the main character. He has powers and he returns to the city he grew up in as a kid. There he meets old friends Fuuma and his sister Kotori. We also meet a plethora of characters that will have their destinies intertwined. Their destinies will determine if the Earth will be cleansed of human's or if humanity will move forward. These characters have their powers as well. It's one side against another. The Dragons of the Earth who want a new Earth and the Dragons of Heaven that are for humanity. I understood this but I did't understand the whole point of it, the plot was just there and it really never really explained why this and that was happening, it was just happening. The tv series is 24 episodes long and it felt too short. There were too many characters and just not enough time for all of them and for the story to flesh out.

The animation was excellent. This series must've had a big budget. It's very good quality. It's very nice to look at. There are no faults with the animation, even the CGI is good. It's not over done. Sound is good. I liked the intro and ending theme songs. The music was good, nothing fantastic. Sound effects were well done. Again this tv series must've had a high budget to work with.

The character were mostly interesting that's why I wish the series were longer. I found Karen interesting. The relatonship between Sorata and Arashi was intersting too. Again this series has a lot of characters and there is so much you can do with character development in 24 episodes. I would have liked to have seen more of Kotori.

This series has it's issues. It's not terrible but it has clear flaws. The presentation is pretty. Lots of eye candy when it comes to the animation. The story is "ok. The characters are "ok". Overall it's a decent series. I'd recommend it to Clamp fans. I've always heard before how this series was so good. Well it's just "ok".