closetanimefan's avatar

closetanimefan

• Joined Jan 8, 2014

Black Cat

Feb 1, 2014

I have to say, this anime dissapointed me. It started out strong, with good animation, and some interesting character dynamics. The storyline seemed desesnt, centered around revenge and character development, but it started to become clear that the characters were more strightforword then I had originally thought and the storyline more simplistic. There were also some strange things done in terms of design, with characters continuing to talk after a scene change or cuts to the future in the middle of a battle, that made the last few episodes harder to follow. There were also parts of charcaters pasts I felt were left unexplained, and the ending left the impression that nothing had really changed since episode 5. To top it all off, the story moved at a staggering pace. Character developments happened in one episode, and a new plot was introduced four episodes before the end of the series. It left me wishing there had been a filler or two. Despite all this, this anime made me smile and laugh as much as some of my favorite anime (even if it didn't get me as attached to the characters.) Over all it was an okay way to kill some time, but not much more.

5.5/10 overall