century100's avatar

century100

• Canada
  • Joined Dec 13, 2017

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, an anime where there's conflict between demons and humans like Ao No Exorcist, except the conflict is based in a Medieval time and society except inventions and discoveries develop faster.

I find it annoying at the start how uneducated the characters are; it irritates me a little. However, this anime compensates for this by bringing in new inventions that never existed before like soda or guns within a 12 episode frame.

The story is great, with a somewhat original story and it includes some of my favourite genres, such as magic and fantasy, but I just felt a little bored by it at the start. It doesn't have the right ending, either. You can't just stop the anime during a war without having a true ending yet. If you're going for that, then add another season!

The art is amazing; not very colourful, but it will do. The 'brightness' of the anime fits pretty well for the setting of the story. However, it would be better if the magic abilities used were more brighter and colourful, too.

The music's fine, I guess. I wouldn't really say it's good or bad. However, the intro reminds me of the 2nd season of SAO (Sword Art Online). The way the song ends in the intro isn't how I would expect it to sound while listening to it. (More like lower pitched sound instead of high pitched 'Saa...')

I like the uniqueness in the characters' personalities. However, I would like to see more of a backstory of the mages as well as the other heros.

I like an anime where thinking, magic and strategy is involved. Therefore, I found this anime pretty enjoyable to watch.

Overall this was a very good anime. I hope this anime can have an actual ending, either by specials/OVAS or another season.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or