cbsgoju's avatar

cbsgoju

• Joined Jun 17, 2010

Concrete Revolutio

Jan 17, 2016

Should you watch: If you’re in it for the looks, else no.

Concrete Revolutio is a new anime produced by Bones. It has a Manga being published concurrently. The biggest theme in this anime is the definition of good and evil showing that the world isn’t black and white, more of a gray. This was done much better in Akame ga Kill.

STORY: The earth is filled with super humans and other supernatural people such as ghosts. The majority of people do not know of their existence. The superhuman bureau is tasked by the Japanese government to deal with superhuman instances. With episodes usually begin with some event occurring and then towards the end will time skip 5 years into the future to see the ramifications of the characters actions.

The first episode was really good, but that might be due to the animation. After a few episodes I just felt bored and watching it wasn’t interesting. While I did manage to find the fighting scenes very interesting, I just never cared about what was going on.

ANIMATION: AMAZING! One of the most colorful animes I have every scene. Not only are the fighting scenes done really well, but everything is vibrant and colorful. would give 11/10, but thats not a valid score

SOUND: pretty good. I really loved the intro and ending songs, but the other music wasn’t as good.

CHARACTERS: While there are a decent number of characters, I can tell a lot more time went into drawing than giving them their personalities. Every person has some power and usually some secret/problem to go with them. I found the characters to be uninteresting. Even instances of some very minor characters deaths and the main characters reactions to it were just boring.

OVERALL: I give it a 7.0 (top 50%). Its only redeeming qualities are the animations and songs. If you watch anime for just the looks then this is the perfect anime for you. But if you are looking for a deep story with interesting characters, then look elsewhere.

There is a season 2 coming out in April. How that got approved, I do not know.

8.5/10 sound