catatonicGreed's avatar

• Joined Mar 8, 2020
  • ? / F

BanG Dream!

Sep 14, 2020

• If you like band animes, you might like this one.
  • It's probably best not to watch this show if you came from the game. The show is a dragged out version of the game story. The game's story takes around 2 hours to read (if you wait for the voices), while the anime takes about 4 hours to watch. If the animation was more interesting then it would have been worth watching. However, the animation is not much of a step up from the animated stills in the game.
  • Poppin' Party is the most boring band in Bandori, so if you didn't enjoy the anime, don't disregard the game. It's pretty fun. (and you could skip the stories-)

-Story: The main character befriends someone to get their guitar. The only problem? The main character doesn't know how to play. Watch as the main character makes deals and gradually forces everyone around her to join her band, all under the guise of naivity.

-Animation: Not bad or spectacular, it's alright. A bit bland.

-Sound:

"Don't be Afraid"

"Dokimeki Experience"

"Keep on moving"

"Choco Cornet Love"

-Characters: All of the characters (excluding the main one) have a reason for not wanting to join the band. I think each of them have fleshed out personalities and backstories, however, they're too tied down by the main character. All the characters revolve around the main one. Character interactions feel a bit restricted to the main one.

Overall, it's eh, the kind of anime you ether half pay attention to or watch while doing something else just because you like the game. I wouldn not have watched this had I not enjoyed the game so much, and I may have enjoyed this anime had it been about any other band or had interesting animation attatched to it.

Some people probably can find the characters and story to be interesting, it's just not my personal taste.