Hey! My name is Peter. I live in Poland and I got addicted to anime relatively recently.
I watched my first show when I was pretty young ( I think it was the Tenchi Muyo series), but I've gotten really into it in about 2015/2016. Since then about half of my free time has been either catching up with what's popular or rummaging through old series in search of a good find.
While there isn't any particular genre that I consciously look for I tend to like comedy and romance shows or series that are *really* weird and/or goofy. I also enjoy shows about art and artistic endeavor.
Since I'm in my thirties I tend to like anime featuring adult protagonists, but younger characters aren't a dealbreaker for me.
I'm interested in storytelling and visual media so I try to make a review from time to time to hone my abilities to appreciate the shows on a little deeper level. I'm no pro though and I don't pretend that I am.
I also like to make and update my anime lists, since I've found lots of good shows through other people's ones and would like to give back to the community (however dumbly profound that sounds).
If I were to suggest a series in order to get my tastes I'd pick
1. for the romance anime: Toradora!, Gosick, Teasing Master Takagi-San, Wotakoi: Life is Hard for Otaku and ReLife
2. for the slice of life anime: Barakamon, Planetes, WATAMOTE - No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guy's Fault I'm Unpopular, Welcome to the NHK!
3. for the comedy anime: KonoSuba - God's blessing on this wonderful world!!! and Hinamatsuri
4. for the 'cool' anime: Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Samurai Champloo
5. for the shows about art and artistic endeavor: Nodame Cantabile, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Welcome to the Ballroom and Bakuman
6. for the battle/shonen anime: One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100 (I like My Hero Academia too, but it didn't blow me off my feet)
7. for the Weird but Great anime: Arakawa Under the Bridge, FLCL and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
In terms of characters I like and dislike, I generally gravitate towards down to earth, intelligent, cynical and sarcastic ones, hopefully with as much sense of humor as possible and dislike most that have any kind of uber plans, missions send by gods and are pretentious/self-important.
Anyway nice meeting anyone nice enough to visit and I hope the reviews/lists/whatever You're here for will be worth Your time :-)
7,588 total episodes
Have you really watched Toradora 20 times? If so, you're a living legend.
You should add these animes I found very touching and interesting: Domestic na Kanojo, Devils' Line, Kimi no Iru Machi, 3D Kanojo (has 2 seasons), Your Lie in April, Sword Art Online, Arifureta ( has romance in it but its not the main topic).
Hope you agree wih my recommandations.
gosick was 10/10 for me