calophichan's avatar

• Philadelphia, PA
  • Joined Jul 25, 2014

Show By Rock!!

Jun 22, 2015

So this is kind of an embarrassing show to admit that I like. There isn't really much to the characters. The girls are all cute and the guys are mostly comic relief.

I loved the music in this show! For all the bands, really. I think they did a great job with that.

The weird transformation into CG SD animals was a bit off-putting but I couldn't look away and eventually it grew on me. They're super cute. I would buy figures of them which I suppose is the point. And I don't really buy figures.

There wasn't much to the story at all. I feel like that for a show that was about SAVING THE WORLD WITH THE POWER OF MUSIC!!! there wasn't enough music battles and their "cores" leveling up and being able to do awesome things. I guess I wish there was a touch more shounen or magical girl or Scott Pilgrim in there for that aspect of the show.

We never get a resolution about the sheep girl and her alien-ness, which was kinda lame. Why put it in there at all then?

I guess for an anime based off a rhythm game, this is pretty middle of the line. It could have been a lot worse.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or