calciumomo's avatar

calciumomo

• Joined Feb 29, 2016

This was much needed and, strangely enough, very comforting! They did an amazing job at showing how people involved in war are just normal people doing what they believe is best, no ill intentios, that was just their reality.

Another really good point its how they handled Al's realization of the consequences of real war, no matter who wins every single person involved loses something or someone.

Alfred, Bernie, Christina were such lovable characters! I don't know, i deeply enjoyed it!

calciumomo Nov 24, 2021

Etharro: I hope you see this, when i try to respond the button sends me to your profile instead of your comment, i dont know why! Sorry.

Exactly, even in the Gundam community no one seems to talk about this absolute gem! When these topics get the spotlight, they just slap peoples faces with "crude and shocking" scenes instead of making it easily digestible like 0080 did! It's a shame that they forget that sometimes just "showing" isn't enough to "teach" things. :(

Etharro Nov 23, 2021

I agree with every single word !. This OVA needs more attention it summarises a lot of war sufferings and it's disastrous consequences with very simple characters .  Aside from other type of works like movies or TV shows that takes a lot of efforts to do so , This one represents everything  significally