bunda6662's avatar

• Joined May 3, 2021
  • 55

Armored Trooper Votoms

Jul 14, 2022

This anime is all about curiosity and the damages it brings. The story starts off just average but begins to improve little by little, and by the middle of the second arc, it becomes really, really good with each new episode. The story takes a downward spiral of craziness that keeps you guessing and eager to watch the next episode. It gets so crazy (in a good way) that you truly start to believe what's going to happen. Unfortunately, at the last moment, it blows all this crescendo by being cliché. It feels bad, but the ride up to that point is amazing. I can genuinely say I was fooled.

The animation is good and introduces some new concepts, and the sound fits in perfectly. The main character isn't very likable in the beginning, but as you follow him, you start to cheer for him. The other characters are fine, except for the 3 stooges; they can be a real pain in the ass, and their scenes usually don't add anything to the story. On the contrary, they only cause unnecessary trouble. But, as I said, this anime is about curiosity. Every character just can't contain their curiosity about things and does everything in their power to find out what's going on, and that's what moves the story forward. If the MC was not a curious cat, the story could have ended by the 3rd chapter.

I would recommend this series to anyone who likes mecha anime and to those who don't quit a whole anime after just 1 or 2 poor chapters.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or