banditoflives's avatar

• ? / M

Samurai 7

Feb 19, 2010

NO SPOILER REVIEW.

THIS IS A REVIEW AND IT DOES NOT CONTAIN THE SYNOPSIS ALREADY CONTAINED ON THE MAIN PAGE.

None of this is copypasta, this is my actual review.Also, comments are welcome as far as helpful, not helpful etc, do not flame me or disrespect me.  I spent my time writing this to help others.)

And lastly, if you dont like my review.  WRITE YOR OWN!

Although I still doubt the necessity of the bandits being mech I think without thier presense some of the other characters and setting would be lacking.  This is probably one of the only things I did not care for in this anime.  I just think seeing sword on sword action is more appealing personally.  But the fact that the main antagonist is are gigantic mech's makes the story pretty remarkable.  The plot is well deveoloped and the characters are all involved throughout.

There is  80% standard animation to 20% CGI ratio within the anime series which really adds to the anime and isn't overdone.  The fight senes are pretty amazing and the characters are dressed and move well.  There was only maybe one or two episodes that seemed to have an animation substitute and it's pretty obvious.

Sound:

From the complete series dvd collection I watched some of the sounds when the character was facing away from the 'camera' were very quiet at some points and slightly hard to hear over backround music/ambience.

Other than that the sound effects are awesome.  The voices are done well and completely match the characters and help you get absorbed into the anime as a whole.

The balance of personalities in this series is pretty remarkable.  Everyone has a role and purpose.  The diversity between all of the characters adds to the appeal.   The storyline and character development all ties in nicely to motives of characters as well as thier personalities.

Overall:

The series is worth watching.

I hope this helps some of you without including spoilers because this is my first ever review that I wrote and it's kind of nervewrecking for me and I tend to overthink, but I wanted to try it out.  Regardless, this anime is pretty awesome and you should watch it.

"But you don't have to take my word for it" -LeVar Burton, The Reading Rainbow Guy

9.5/10 characters