axman5055's avatar

• Joined Nov 18, 2021
  • 31

Head Start at Birth

Mar 31, 2023

To anyone thinking of reading this, this is very much a romance manwha, just so you're aware. Furthermore, this is a romance story involving a 5 year old FMC ("bUt ShEs AcTuAlLy 30 yEaRs Ol"- please stop), and a fully grown adult man. I'll occasionally trudge through these wildly cliche and copy/pasted romances that are missing the romance tag, but the age thing made this way too weird to read.

The World is Full of Monsters, So I Want to Live as I Wish

May 24, 2022

***Spoiler****: The character introduced in the first chapter does not die off shortly after this manga starts. You read that right, that loser, pathetic character is the MC, the whole manga primarily focuses on him. I know, it sucks, but that’s just how it is. Maybe around chp 20 he’ll get eaten and we can focus on a much better character, like maybe on of the washing machines he constantly uses as his primary weapon. Fingers crossed.  Continuing on, this manga should be titled “I throw cars and appliances at monsters all day long in a post apocalyptic world”. Not only does... See full review

Fuyu Fenrir no Itoshigo to Natta Watashi ga, Zetsubou kara Iyasareteiku Hanashi

May 24, 2022

This is an easy to read, feel good manga. There's no battle scenes or evil organizations, its just a pleasant story of a girl learning about the winter world she'd been thrust into the center of. She helps those around her and in doing so helps herself, a simple story that is well told. I have a tendency to drop manga that lack an overarching plot line like this one, but it's kept me reading the whole time.

The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter

May 23, 2022

Im almost caught up to everything that’s translated, and have mixed feelings about manwha. I like that there’s a female MC who isn’t relegated to being the love interest of every guy in the story, and overall the story feels heartwarming with pleasant emotional payoffs. Also it has 140+ translated chapters, that matters. Complaint wise. I realize this isn’t supposed to be an action manwha but the action scenes that are shown are painfully unexciting and boring. People will be using magic and swinging swords while just standing there expressionless but yelling in speech... See full review

Tensei Shitara Ore ga Heroine de Aitsu ga Yuusha datta

May 22, 2022

This is an exact clone of "Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to", only watered down. The pacing feels fast, the characters' personalities are extremely one dimensional; there's nothing new to distinquish this manga from the one it copied.

Hell Mode: The Hardcore Gamer Dominates in Another World with Garbage Balancing

May 22, 2022

I find this manga fairly hard to read due to many aspects of the world never being described (how MC’s mana works, 90% of the MC’s status values, the majority of how the MC’s skill woks) or flat-out wrongly described (Killing a frog gives you 5 coins but killing a legendary dragon will give you 100 coins? That could be wrong though since the currency values change every time they’re mentioned). These constant changes/errors to various details make this manga come off as a rough draft that was never proofread, there’s far too many continuity errors. (I'm not talking about... See full review

Mage Again

May 22, 2022

The world building is well done and the fleshed out histories and world specific terms immerse the reader. My biggest peeve is the idiot plot; almost all the events that unfold are caused by people making incompetently poor choices, but that’s not exactly an uncommon occurrence in fantasy manga.

S Rank Boukensha de Aru Ore no Musume-tachi wa Juudo no Father Complex deshita

May 19, 2022

The overt incestual relationships make this pretty hard to read, I think it would've been much better without that. Given the characters relationship (or what they think their relationship is) it's very off putting seeing the overt sexuality between them. With that said if you don't care about that stuff the story itself it's pretty good without *too* many cliches.

8th Circle Mage Reborn

May 16, 2022

I have never been more disgusted with an MC so soon after starting reading a manga. The MC has such a trash personality that any sane reader will be constantly wishing for the MC to fail and/or be killed off. The MC also questionably abuses animals, a known sign of a psychopath. The art also sucks but compared to the MC's personailty it mise-well be drawn by Picasso. A much better take on this type of manga is the 8th Class Mage is Reborn. This is horrible and anyone who says otherwise should not be trusted in any capacity.

0.1/10 story
0.2/10 art
0.1/10 characters
0.1/10 overall

The Impregnable Demon King’s Castle and the Expelled Black Mage of the Hero’s Party

May 16, 2022

Virtually nothing about this story makes sense. The worldbuilding is nearly non-existant and the world that is described is almost always contradicted by later events. Certain key aspects of the world are left unexplained which makes it hard or impossible to understand scenes / why things are happening they way they are happening. The whooe concept of the dungeon is poorly described at best and not even thought out at worst.  Aside from the MC who is overpowered by virture of his gear (its claimed he's the best in his particulart field of magic, though even when they "show... See full review