athenawolf101's avatar

• Joined Jun 2, 2011
  • ? / F

Momokuri

Feb 28, 2016

My bad tendency of finding more animes when I'm watching more than enough at a time, is really killing everything....but this page needs some fleshing out so,

Bare with me there are only a couple of episodes out...

Here we go:

Momokuri (ももくり) is a cute little 15 minute (per episode) romcom anime based on the visual novel published on Comico published by the mysterious Kurose. The story follows Kurihara, a 15 year old 2nd year high schooler, who has a huge crush on Momotsuki, a 1st year high schooler. Kurihara is quite the little stalker, and decides if she takes 100 pictures for her Momotsuki album on her phone, she will confess to him, and she does. After this, each episode follows a different scenerio of them being "together" and "partners".

Story wise I would have to say it's the kind of anime that has a weak-ish plot but an entertaining story, so I docted 2 off for that. Animation is very cute, bubbly, makes you want to make plushies of all of them and hoard them. Sound is great, and characters, although not fleshed out, even the main 2; Kurihara and Momotsuki, you have enough info about them to at least understand and potentially relate.

Very very cute, casual and all over the place. What it's biggest sucess is, in my opinion, is it's display of innocence and feelings you develop as you mature in the intimacy department. We all remember what is was like having a crush on someone, not knowing everything you know about when you're older, and that is what this show is GREAT at! It'll make you giggle, it'll make you sigh and groan, it'll make you smile! I recommend this to anyone who has had a serious crush in their life and I recommend supporting our wonderful author by giving her lots of views. You can view the raw Japanese version of it here or if you're not a purist like me you can read the translated version here thanks to Crunchyroll (payment may be required based on your account and what time you decide to look at it.)

Alright, you all know the drill, or atleast anyone that has written my reviews...Did you like it? Did you find it helpful? Did you find it funny?! Is any of my information incorrect? Any of those, and if you would like to contact my lovely self; LEAVE A COMMENT! I would love to hear from you all!