athenawolf101's avatar

• Joined Jun 2, 2011
  • ? / F

Hiyokoi

Jan 10, 2016

(This is practically copied and pasted from my previous review for the 3 mini episodes released in 2012. Link to the review is here)

Another update! Just scrolling through my "Want to Watch" list and found this little gem in there, and decided to get to the bottom of it!

POTENTIAL SPOILERS SO BE WARNED

Hiyokoi (ひよ恋) is a romantic comedy written by Moe Yukimaru. Now for everyone to know, this isn't NESSESSARILY an anime, these were specials released in a magazine (I think taking from what I read) , each about a minute and a half each, consisting of 3 "episodes" It was basically advertising for the manga, so don't get too disappointed!

The story is about cute, tiny, and shy Hiyori Nishiyama, who returns to school after being hospitalized due to a car accident. Hiyori has a very obvious fear of strangers, and when she is attempting to make the first step, blunt Yuushin Hirose steps in, late, and abruptly makes fun of her as soon as he walks in. The later is just some cutsy events featuring him and her, it's innocent, it's cute, and above all it's completely cliche....WHICH IS NOT A BAD THING!

Like I said, it was basically an advertisment for the manga, which I was disappointed to find out because hey, who doesn't love a little cute anime like that? That was my only complaint, the manga is very cute, and I recommend it completely!

Thank you for reading, hope this helps, I will look into hopefully asking the admins about allowing me to flesh this page out a bit instead of it being so blank.

Comments are always appreciated! Hope to hear your responses!