aristvtle's avatar

• Joined Mar 10, 2021
  • 24

Odd Taxi

Jun 29, 2021

Odd Taxi is CRIMINALLY under watched. This anime is spectacular. In the first episodes you are introduced to a cast of complex characters who all have some sort of mystery behind them. I love how Odd Taxi introduced all these mysteries and then tied them up.

The animation is pretty standard i think but as someone who hasn't watched an anime with animal protaganists, I think this one made things fit very well. Please don't look at this and think its Zootopia 2.0 because its not--it's a whole different premise and MUCH better too.

The OP is nice and I like listening to in on spotify now but I don't recall the music throughout the episode or the ending (which isn't a bad thing, I just don't pay attention or watch endings).

Characters? GREAT. Even if you found any of them annoying, they still felt really well written. I loved Yano and Dobu the most, IDK why, I just think they're fun.

Some minor spoilers---

Concerning the big reveal about Otokawa, I know that a lot of people predicted ita and you probably will too. BUT. I think that the best mysteries are ones you can predict as well rahter than throwing you for a complete loop. The big mystery was also really well built up and hinted at.

Overall, 9.5/10. I was never bored while watching this. Please give it a try!

9.5/10 story

someSven Jan 15, 2022

It's a special taste. People with problems, partially entangled in crimes, being stupid, and so on. Can be stressful or boring to watch, or both. Also, nothing special, except for the human-like animal persons. But yes, it's well written and picks up contemporary topics like idols, social media, hollow status symbols etc. So I get the excitement. I'm in E06 and struggle to go on, though.

Curiousmadra Jun 29, 2021

Agreed it is criminally under watched!