aquila0989's avatar

aquila0989

• Joined Oct 5, 2017

A Guy Like You

Oct 14, 2017

So, basically, this is still a work in progress as of right now. That being said, I can only really comment on what I have read so far (about 44 chapters).

The story is actually very solid, in my opinion, as the relationship between the two characters (and the secondary characters) slowly develops. The supernatual touch is also interesting, and I will admit this is a story that had me hooked after only a few chapters. There were times when I thought the story was going to fizzle out, or close to ending. So far, the plot is going strong, and staying interesting as more characters are introduced. I am excited to see how it all ends when it does. I really don't want to write much for fear of spoilers, but the very basic plot is that two guys can meet in their dreams, and they slowly figure out how they know each other.

The art is downright beautiful, but if you're like me and you get weirded out by odd proportions, it might take you a while to get over one thing. Kang Jinah's hands are just... odd. My friend calls them mutant hands, and it's even addressed in a early chapter, which made me giggle. I seems to have been an intentional move by the artist for whatever reason, and I'm mostly over it now. But it was super distracting for the first few chapters. There were a few other odd body parts, mostly in earlier chapters, but I think perhaps the artist is either refining their style or I have simply stopped noticing because the story is so good.

The characters are well thought out, with even the secondary characters having depth. The characters are very real, with well developed personalities. Some of them have downright tragic backstories, and the artist likes to play with the reader's mind a bit. There are certain details of their personalities and backgrounds that I feel are intentionally misleading, only for "the twist" to be revealed chapters later. Just when I think I can predict what the characters will do, and what's happening, it changes.

Overall, I really enjoy the story so far, and I am hopelessly addicted.

9.5/10 art

KARMAKae Nov 20, 2017

Can you tell me sites where I can read it