apoc9's avatar

apoc9

• Joined Nov 22, 2011

I’ve aimed to enter as knight, but my aptitude for magic is 9999!? Yes, it’s over 9000! The series is nice and comical take on overpowered characters. Main protagonist Laura is the only daughter of two famous adventurers. However, there is a twist, her dad hates magic and magicians. They are weak and cowards! He trains her with sword. She accidentally discovers her ability to use magic as eight years old, but she decides to never use it. After all her dad’s ideas have influenced her. At age of nine she goes to enter academy for adventurers. She is aiming to become a warrior as her father, but before that her aptitude is measured by a magical device. She passes with flying colours at the first place in aptitude for warrior. Her status range between 74-107. Only slightly above another very gifted girl. However, everybody gets measured for magic aptitude as well to her surprise. When she does it, all her magical stats are maxed out at 9999. Which shocks every wizard from magical section and instantly want her to enter course for magic users instead. So, the story begins for Laura.

I like the humour combined with this cosy feeling the series has. It is similar to Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! But I think this series is slightly better and funnier. Extra bonus points for not being an isekai. There are some predictable twists such as befriending talented rival girls at the school. The motivation or rather complex her dad has against magicians is explained as well and has actually some sort of resolution. Surprising thing for a rather light hearted comical fantasy series. It has even re-readability to it. Maybe I will buy physical volumes. Just read few chapters. There is nothing much to talk about. It contains mostly known tropes and sometimes goes for over the top situations. It has adventures, school-life at magical school, some bad guys, somewhat extreme school headmaster, teacher trying do her best to not things spin out of control and decent stream of humorous situations.

I really like the art. For a light novel adaptation and comical series, it has crisp to it. To be more precise it has good balance between detail and taking more simplistic design in my opinion. It can be pretty nice and funny as well.

Japanese difficulty 4/10 (see my profile for details about various difficulty scores)

The manga is shounen series and has furigana in it. There is quite decent amount of theme specific language in domain of fantasy (magic, knights, kingdom, adventurers). I would guess kanji mostly around JLPT N3 level.

note: I've written this review after reading 6 volumes (all volumes at the time).