apoc9's avatar

apoc9

• Joined Nov 22, 2011

A mediocre power fantasy with theme of revenge. It builds on classic trope for such series mainly betrayal by the group, where in truth each individual has bad and twisted character while pretending to be nice for some personal gain. The same can be said about the betrayal leading MC to obtaining seriously OP power. The resulting edgelord personality is apt description for MC in this scenario. The only bit novel thing at least for me was that the bad character had some effect on relationships among the other party members as well [1]. The MC gathers some supporting characters as one would expect all females, which become quickly romantically interested in the MC. What I found bit strange, there were other parties of heroes as well, who are used either as additional antagonists or as cannon fodder/plot device. In regards to power for action scenes it takes approach of powering up, when necessary. Usual elemental magic mechanics are set aside for dualistic mechanic of light vs darkness. Its’ only potentially interesting aspect is the supposed connection between the two. As the MC is getting stronger so should the main antagonist.

The series has some gruesome moments including rape. It isn’t for people sensitive to that kind of happenings.

Visually the series isn’t that impressive either. The art style has visceral feeling to it.

Overall, I wouldn’t recommend the series. There more enjoyable alternatives even among revenge series.

Release frequency: 6 months between each volume release.

Japanese difficulty 5/10 (see my profile for details about various difficulty scores)

This series is without furigana. Except some specific terminology for the power system, it’s mostly an average vocabulary without some complicated words as far as I can remember.

This review is written after reading 4 volumes (all existing at the time).

Spoilers

[1] For example one of the party members, the knight, is jealous of the hero. The priestess sleeps with the hero just for her own benefit.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or