ZeldaversE's avatar

ZeldaversE

• Joined Apr 1, 2020
  • 20

Don't let twitter influence you, this show is more than just Uzaki's body. While the animation and sound are nothing too special, they don't detract from the show either. That being said, the OP is actually enjoyable (this coming from the guy who skips about 95% of OPs because they are unintersting), at least when watching it once a week. Where this show really starts to shine is in the characters and story. The common -- and, frankly, exhausting -- drama that is overdone in romance anime is virtually non-existent here; instead, we are given a fairly realistic relationship growth between college friends. Yes, there is light drama, but it never feels forced or unnatural. This is likely because the characters don't feel particulary forced or unnatural either; rather, it feels as though these characters could exist in the real world, and act in the same ways they do in the show. Overall, I'd say this was my favorite romance of the season, and I am looking forward to season two.

P.S. I love how twitter got on its high horse about how "unrealistic" Uzaki is physically, given how realistic her personailty is. Way to judge a woman by her body, twitter.