Zakuru's avatar

Zakuru

• Joined Mar 20, 2013
  • 25

I'll admit that I came into watching this anime a bit skeptical, after being spoiled by Ascendence of a Bookworm. The animation, worldbuiling, and lore in this show is great and instantly pulls you in. What ruins it is the characters.

If you enjoy hentai or those wish fulfillment isekais, then you can try this. But I could not look past the overdone raunchiness of the show considering this is about an adult man in a childs body. After watching episodes 6-7 I could no longer stomach the implied pedophile.

None of the characters are likeable or redeemable. The plot is either extremely slow paced or absent. I think at this point its about the growth of the main character, but considering how much I dislike him, I don't want to see more.

Blueflamemaster Mar 1, 2021

Yeah, it is kinda sad, It took 8 episodes of "slice of life" BS to finally have something interesting happen. Ascendance of a Bookworm and By The Grace Of The Gods both have a similar story line, minus the blatant perverted crap. I wouldn't say the main character is entirely horrible, but definitely deserves getting punched in the face all the time. I am still holding out that the story line will pick up, a story about a boy growing up is kinda lame, even with a reincarnation twist. If you wanted something more wholesome, By The Grace Of The Gods is far better.

Knight's & Magic and Wise Man’s Grandchild are also good.