YoukoChan's avatar

YoukoChan

• Dumb
  • Joined May 30, 2016

I've only seen up to episode 4 so far, so if my opinion changes I'll change my review as well.

Generally this isn't my type of genre at all. It often leaves me feeling bored and sometimes even angry because I feel like the female leads are always either violent crazy witches or passive damsels in distress to the point of being insulting, but I really like this one. The premise is something you see all the time, yet with a little extra..... shall we say..... SPARKLES thrown in lol. I really like the magical element. And I actually like the main character. Some say she's super basic and all that, and that's true, but I appriciate the fact that 1) She's yet to be violent with the men around her 2) She's actually just a nice person and seems to want to be genuine in all things and 3) her character design is very pretty. She doesn't look like your average everyday girl that everyone says is soooo beautiful and how can you not tell how beaaauutiful you are all the time (Can you sense my disdain for that trope?)

Another thing is that I feel like the guys are bad people either, and they're actually getting a bit of character developement. Angelo in particular, I really felt that, it made me sad, especially because I enjoy Yuri on Ice so much!

The caligraphy boy (I'm drawing a blank on his name right now) Is kinda adorable in a way (I also have a soft spot for caligraphy nerds ever since Barakamon)

The one hostile person (The King) isn't even really that antagonistic. It just seems like he's facing a lot of pressure from home and feels the need to do better probably because his family has made him not feel good enough.

Soooo yeah. That's my review for now. If I have more things to say later I will. Overall right now it's a very pleasent addition to a genre I often find not so fun, so I think highly of it!