Yakoz's avatar

• Italy
  • Joined Mar 10, 2015

Killing Stalking

Mar 19, 2017

Bum, whose name fits perfectly for many reasons, is obsessed with Sangwoo, a charismatic and attractive guy. His desire is so strong that Bum decides to stalk Sangwoo to find out where he lives. His curiosity pushes him to infiltrate his house and discovers that... oh you don't want to know. GO READ IT!

Plus/minus considerations:

• STORY: I'm not a BL lover, I usually read them if they're really high in A-P's charts or I feel like removing them from my w2r list. But this one is special. This is the first BL manhwa I read that really balances well story and fanservice. Everything you see BL related is part of the plot and it's necessary to go deep with what both main characters think and feel. A story that is not only intriguing for how it is narrated, but also it's plausible because unfortunately kidnappers, stalkers and murderers are not only part of TV series like NCIS or CSI. Everything you see can happen in real life and it's not pleasant. This is not just a dramatic shounen-ai: this is a psychological thriller that can impressionate readers for its levels of violence, atypical in your everyday's BL. I believe this is the biggest reason why Killing Stalking is so accessible to everybody: not only it's fun for the usual girls waiting for the next ding dong to hit the next bum (pun intended), but even a different public that can recognize the quality behind a horrorific and thrilling scenario such as this one. (+++)
  • ART: nothing to say. You recognize the talent, the originality and the dedication behind this work. The expressions are top quality, backgrounds are well drawn and I like a lot the taste of the artist in picking hot/dark colors. (+++)
  • CHARACTERS: chapter after chapter you realize not only how strong the bond between Sangwoo and Bum becomes, but how really fucked up those two characters are. Maybe at first you feel bad for Bum because it physically hurts and the situation is scary.. but do you really feel bad? Do you really think he doesn't want what he's getting? I'll leave the answer to you. I'm even impressed this is coming out of my mouth, but I'll say that those two are the perfect duo, the perfect couple. What happens in that apartment is a secret between the two and whatever tries to hurt Sangwoo's or Bum's pride is not going to last for more than 24h. (+++)

I believe this is Lezhin's masterpiece up to date. They really stepped their game up with this one and it can only be good in the long run, not only for the web magazine itself, but for us readers. This review is valid for the first season (19 chapters) of Killing Stalking. Overall I think this project is really impressive and I hope next season won't ruin everything that has been built up until now.

akinlangsiSangwoo Aug 18, 2020

HI, i'm new here and I know it sounds ridiculous but I don;t know how to read here. I've been continuously scrolling up and down, trying to look for that 'read' icon of something but there's none. Huhu, I hope you can help me. Thanks!

Madiz Apr 5, 2017

Obviously I am going to have to continue my 'yaoi lover' lessons with you because you didn't understand where I was coming from! Off all the glorious mangas, you pick this one as a good rating... I feel like I have failed as your senpai in the yaoi world.