XadowMonzter's avatar

• Earth
  • Joined Jul 28, 2015

Cultivation Chat Group

Aug 12, 2019

-- I will leave this warning here already, this isn't the usual "action/adventure" type of Manhwa, with a protagonist that learns ancient cultivation to avenge against his enemies or be the best in the world. --

The story completely starts with a simple mistake of adding the wrong person into an internet chat group of Masters from all types of cultures around the world. As you can see, it's a magical martial arts/cultivation world but implemented into modern society, with them using our current technology and implementing their ancient training methods into the current world. And, this is the most fun aspect of the Manhwa, It is what really differentiates this one to everything else, it's fun to watch the story progress, because all the progress is fun to read, and also funny how they implement some cliche ancient training methods into the current technological society and how they explain a lot of the miss-conceptions that the protagonist (and us readers) have with his ideas of how the cultivation world worked at first.

The characters are just really fun to read, but they aren't very original, still, the protagonist of the story is a breath of fresh air because he is quite different from everything we are used to in this genre of story. He isn't childish, isn't a perverted freak, he is a hard-working young man, respectful and has his doubts all the time, and even though he doesn't like some things, he isn't afraid to do what needs to be done when necessary, and that's the best part of him. Honestly aside from the main protagonist all the other characters even though they are fun to read feel a little generic and similar to a lot of the stories we are already used to read. The art is basic, but at least a little above the average.

In the end, what makes this Manhwa fun to read, is how different it is from everything we are already used to reading, and how they joke about some things considered very important processes in the cultivation world, but made easy into the current modern technological society.