WolfAngelus's avatar

• Joined Nov 14, 2015
  • ? / M

Nisemonogatari

Sep 28, 2017

This season continues on during the summer we left off at. The main focus this time is on the Araragi family. The first 2/3 focus heavily on Karen, the last 1/3 emphasizes Tsukihi. We are given a pretty in depth look at both sisters (both figuratively and literally, as the ecchi this season is a lot stronger). Karen's is quite interesting and focuses on a somewhat dark story that also involves Hitagi as fates intertwine. Tsukihi's however, it was far less interesting really. It feels more or less tacked on. You learn what you need to about her, but it was not very interesting, although fitting if you think back to S1.

There is far less emphasis on those "spirit animals" this season, as it is more story based and focused. The result is also far less time with the original cast such as Suruga and Mayoi, which is a bit of a disappointment. On the bright side, we see much more of Shinobu!

Unlike the first season, the themes of Ecchi and comedy are quite strong. You could call it light Hentai & partial incest. However, the body-type used is the Barbie doll model, so you don't actually see anything.

Many of the scenes still take place in a single setting far too long though, the main issue I've had since the first season

Overall, a good season though. It gets directly to its goal this time. If you aren't into Ecchi though, this season might not be for you.

Review of Season 1 ; Scored 7

7.5/10 characters

You must be logged in to leave comments. or