WolfAngelus's avatar

• Kelowna, BC, Canada
  • Joined Nov 14, 2015

So, I Can't Play H!

Apr 11, 2017

Let's start by getting the tags right, this isn't a comedy, or it surely doesn't seem funny. There isn't much to say about this anime in general though. The first 8 episodes feel very similar and boring, each has some school/daily life, then the 2nd half of each episode is nudity combined with combat. While I like ecchi material, the chests of all girls but 1 are oversized and unattractive (not sure why the artists think guys like this stuff). Thankfully Lisara has a normal, flat chest but these points shouldn't be the selling point of an anime, and unfortunately, that is the only real selling point for most of the episodes. Considering that you can get your hentai fix anywhere, and there is nothing special about one body compared to another, there is nothing exciting offered here that you haven't seen elsewhere. For me, ecchi themed content should be a natural inclusion, but just never be the main purpose. If the story was exciting or the show was actually funny as it is listed as a comedy, then the situation might be very different.

There is very little in the way of story, most of the decent story content is packed into the last 3 episodes (I actually liked those episodes). The animation is kind of sloppy, for example the mouth movement starts well in advance of the actual voices, yet it ends on time so it isn't a sync issue. Considering that one of the main selling points would be the nudity, the art is lacking and something I would expect more from a 200X anime.

Lastly, the characters. None of the characters here are memorable in the slightest. They aren't exciting and don't have much personality to them. Again, this is what happens when you focus on just trying to sell the body, I don't want a body that has no personality and character to it.

Overall, the 4/10 is generous  since the last 3 episodes were actually interesting, and more in line with what everything else should have been. While the first 8 episodes weren't terrible, they weren't very good either. There was nothing to really catch your attention (unless you for some reason like oversized chests that look like every other chest you have ever seen). The action bits was okay, but just nothing unique or memorable here. The intended goal wasn't as impressive either as many other anime that have similar selling points and offer much more.