Webtoons4Ever's avatar

• 14

Seraph of the End

Aug 23, 2023

🩸⚔️🌿𝕾𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖕𝖍 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕰𝖓𝖉🌿⚔️🩸
    The virus has killed everyone over the age of thirteen, but hope is not lost. A new society was created in order to destroy the vampires: the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. Mika is with the vampires, his own bitterness buried deep within him. He longs to find his best friend Yu and escape the troubles of the world. Meanwhile, Yuichiro (Yu) and Yoichi are training to become strong enough to have a demon inside them but not let it consume them. Will the humans efforts be enough to rebel against the vampires?

"The seraph of the end . . . Yu, I'll come save you."
          -Mika
     I'm not sure where the series is going with the plot, but so far I'm not enjoying it. With such a strong beginning, it ends up fizzing out into... These are my opinions, and they are not meant to offend you! Between the two, Mika is definitely my favorite. With so few scenes with him, I really wish he was the protagonist. From the small glimpse I got of his character now, currently, I'm excited to see where his character arc will take him. Yu is still unlikable, especially when he constantly brings Yoichi down, telling him he's weak and should just walk away.

Other characters aren't memorable or complex. Yu's revenge arc is not everything I wanted it to be. Revenge arc stories are my favorite, but they don't work well for me if I don't like the protagonist. I try to empathize with Yu. He's been through a lot of traumatic things at a young age. I still believe that this does not mean he's allowed to act this way, nor should it be normalized. Yoichi is someone who has also experienced something traumatizing but doesn't let that stop him from being kind or caring.

I would love for the world-building to be explained more. I want to know where the vampires originated from. How do humans manage to communicate with demons? It feels like there is so much to explore in this world, which I hope will be explored more in the other volumes. The flashback from Yoichi's perspective was eye-opening and sad to see what he experienced. I want to know Yu better, underneath the confident and strong personality he shows, in order to cope. In conclusion, I'm unsure whether I'll continue with this manga or not, but if I see this book in the library, I'll be sure to pick it up!
🆗PLOT
❌🆗CHARACTERS

You must be logged in to leave comments. or