Tolksie's avatar

• Joined May 20, 2022
  • 19

1001 Nights

Jun 12, 2022

It's basically a 20-minute short made by producer and director Mike Smith, which was projected above the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra as part of a series of live performances at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion and the Hollywood Bowl.

To tell you the truth, I didn't know this man's work, but after researching more about him I ended up liking it a lot. I found out that he was also part of other animations like "Sausage Party, Watchmen (Tales of the Black Freighter), Grinch (2018)" among others, and also that he was nominated for awards like the Bafta and the Annie Award.

I'm glad that there are animators like that, that they do it for love and that sometimes they even add something new to this world of animation.

In general it was wonderful for me to watch "1001 Nights", of course if I hadn't delved into what it really was about, I probably would have found it a little psychedelic and interesting, but my opinion of the animation has completely changed.

I will probably even recommend it to my sister-in-law because she likes these type of stuff and because she is taking an animation course, something that would be useful information for her study.

I liked it, pure art.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or