TipsyCupcake's avatar

TipsyCupcake

• Joined Aug 8, 2017

Maboroshi

Apr 8, 2024

This review contains spoilers. This anime had themes of growth, the complexities of love, learning to apprecaite change and the lack change, and lastly to cherish time.  The animation was stunning. There were a couple weird parts but I could explain it through the weirdness of time standing still, the characters maturing mentally and how that effects relationships.  I was a little let down at the ending. I was hoping for a wholesome family reunion but I'll just imagine that instead.

Probably not an anime I'd recommend but definitely one I can appreciate.

The Witch and the Beast

Mar 8, 2024

Okay so I'm only on ep 7 but I'm still surprised to see no reviews yet.

I think this a kinda weird anime. I have many questions about our two protagonists. Why is Ashaf so vague and seems so knowledgeable about everything? Why doesn't Guideau know anything about the world, how did Guideau get cursed, why that curse, how come Guideau doesn't know/remember the witch that cursed them, if Guideau is apparently genderless why do they want to get back to their original body so badly? It's all clearly part of the plot as part of Guideaus backstory but it's frustrating as we're given very... See full review

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East

Jan 24, 2024

This anime isn't in the least what I thought it would be. At first glance it looks like a mediocre bl anime with no story. I was so wrong. This isn't a bl anime, the story is fairly eccentric but in the enjoyable way and the characters are interesting.

This is definitely a mildly dark, folklore and supernatural action mystery anime aimed towards women.

The intro felt bland and boring like the main casts overly beautiful character drawings which is such a shame as both of those things nearly warded me off this anime. I also feel like Shinos affection for animals is one of the... See full review

Scrapped Princess

Dec 28, 2023

Basically came and went for the Fulle and Pacifica interaction. Was worth it :) End of ep 15-18.

A Lull in the Sea

Sep 1, 2023

I probably love this anime because from being young I've been fascinated by the sea and have been absolutely drawn to any body of water. The idea that mermaids or creatures exist is thrilling.  This is a coming of age story about finding where we belong, who we want to stay with and how that doesn't always align.  At times this anime is bittersweet, tranquil and infuriating but the lasting impression it had on me was that time is fleeting and the world is serene.

Kyousougiga (2012)

Aug 21, 2017

Kyousougiga is a beautiful and amusing anime, for an audience who likes great animation and enjoys well shaped characters. what makes this anime so good is it doesn't rush its story. It takes you into their world and just runs along with it.  The animation is similar to 'slap-stick', with drawings and over exaggerated shapes. It makes a beautiful, lively and intense impression; which I found is carried throughout the rest of the anime.