TimeGears's avatar

• Chicago, ILL
  • Joined Apr 2, 2017

Plunderer

May 21, 2020

Ok so this anime does indeed start off pretty generic, we should all see the first 8 or so episodes as the exposition, as the show actually gets pretty dang deep.

STORY:The story is surprisingly complex with some depressing twist, and prepare yourself for Licht's and Nana's backstory. The story also sheds light on a major real world problem: Overpopulation. This leads to hunger,poverty, and eventually war, which is where Licht and Nana comes in. The discoveries we go through as we see these two backstres unfold are jaw dropping enough, but how these stories are told is the real magic. We find out how multiple traditions were created in this world and how the characters react to these events, which brings me to my next topic...

• <div style="text-align: left;">Licht:The character development here is just astonishing. We see clearly how this optimistic,kind hearted ,pervert turns into a killing mission with an actual reason for killing. What he had to do was obviously against his morals, but he felt that he had to break them in order to keep his friends safe. </div>
  • Nana: SPOILERS.So Nana here went through it all we originally thought she was the typical fanservice character that you look at and forget about,but instead, she becomes a tearjerker. Being the first ace at what seems to be loli age and seeing how lonely she was is one thing, but watching her tell how Licht was basically dieing inside for 200 years can make the manliest of mens chest hurt.
  • Hina and Lynn: These two were pretty static with no real development aside from their romance with Licht.
  • Jail on the otherhand had obvious difference. He was stiff entirely but we see him softing up more, after all he's human. His convictions keep him grounded and help him make the reeluctant but necessary decisions.

My one and only issue here is the rainbow vomit, it was one scene where tthey just maade the vomit look like a puddle. Other tthat it's fine plenty of chibi kawaii scenes as well.

The dub is actually pretty decent.

Overall if you like mystery and sci fi with echhi shonen style dialog and action scenes this is a musst watch.

Ill leave a mini summary of the first cuple eps. Spoilers so don't scroll.

SPOILER I REPEAT SPOILER

The first couple episodes makes the watchers believe this'll be a nice 12 episode echhi anime, with a bit of action to keep you happy, like HundredBut at around episode 5 you start questioning things just as Jail is doing. At episode 6 we question why can't they study flying and why dedicate an entire episode to it and 8 is where the real show Plunderer starts.

We see a helicopter in Alcia, this medival world....yea I know fishy. Episode 9 gets even more confusing as the Ace of Pursuit,Mizuki Sonohara appears. After she's 'defeated' we hear Nana say "those people drugged her". This makes things evev more confusing. Well 10 and 11 clears it up (not going to say how) and we're thrown into a modern world.