TheNuisance1's avatar

TheNuisance1

• Anytime, anywhere and at any place
  • Joined Aug 9, 2019
  • ? / Other

Blue Giant

Oct 14, 2021

Now you see, this is why this type of manga series would need an anime adaption is because I am not able to god damn hear what the main character Dai is playing like it felt in my head that he was only playing “epic sax guy” the whole time I’m seeing his performances. I mean the art and character development was decent. Dai does seem like an ambitious young man who has a goal to becoming a proper jazz musician and plays basketball in his free time. I really this type of character development in a coming of age story like this one. In the manga world, we almost ever see a high school kid performing a saxophone solo, so this is a refreshing change from the pile of mangas I usually read. If you don't mind not hearing the music, read this manga; nevertheless, if seeing the characters play instruments with no sound bothers you, I suggest you search for anything else to read.

6.8/10 overall

georgebirch Oct 14, 2021

I totally agree with you on the not being able to hear it front. I didn't think about how that bothers some people, but I fully understand why it would. I think I've read so many mangas featuring music that over time I just got used to it.