TheCanerdian's avatar

TheCanerdian

• New Brunswick, Canada
  • Joined Feb 28, 2014
  • 50

Q: What do you get when you remove all the comedy, action, and character devolopment & interactions from Sailor Moon?

A: Sailor Moon Crystal.

A dull, slow-paced girly romance that features Sailor Moon and a bunch of inconsequential background characters.

I'm going to say this because it needs to be said: if TOEI had released SM:Crystal in the 1990s instead of the Sailor Moon that we all know and love, the franchise never would have become the world-conquering phenomenon that it has become.

Lenachan3ko Feb 3, 2022

congrats! You will hate the manga

canoe May 6, 2016

I agree there is no character development and compared to the 90's anime the background music has no life. The OP/ED themes are catchy but the rest of the soundtrack sounds like generic computerized background crud. There was an actual full live orchestration that went into making the music for the 90's anime, I had the full 10 disc soundtrack and listened to it for many years because it was so good. While the animation is not so terrible in Crystal compared to the first 4 seasons from the 90s, they went completely bottom barrel budget on the sounds. It was pretty disappointing

IDDKyewD Aug 19, 2015

I never thought of that before. In truth, if they released it like that in the 90's, most anime itself wouldn't be what it is now. I mean, Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball were the gateway shows for many fans.