*THIS IS FULL OF SPOILERS, IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS, DON'T READ THIS REVIEW... CAUSE THERE'S SPOILERS.... LOTS OF SPOILERS...
DID I MENTION SPOILERS???*
This is a review for Gurren Lagann: Firefighter Edition.
Here's some totally unique concepts that clearly wasn't borrowed from ANY ANIME MADE IN 2007... that's for sure...
- if you believe in yourself, you can overcome anything.
- the main character is a cocky blue haired, tall, handsome, inexperienced, charismatic, thick headed dude with a moral code. Also has a repetitive mantra that inspires and annoys his friends.
- the percieved main baddie that turns good isn't quite human but they end up becoming friends to take on the super baddie.
- The mechs (or whatever that shit is) is a direct reflection of how much you believe in yourself.
- There was a great cataclysm that screwed over earth for one reason or another, and now there's non-human enemies.
- A large portion of the population must be sacraficed to save some.. oh Geez!
There's some more totally unique and not borrowed stuff in this anime... like the stuff I wrote above... but meh.
I recommend yinz watch Gurren Lagann: Firefighter Edition for the amazing animation (... I wasn't being sarcastic on that last line.).