Symka's avatar

• Rivendell
  • Joined Nov 25, 2012

From Far Away

Oct 13, 2015

From Far Away (Or, Kanata Kara, if you prefer) was exactly what I expected it to be. Schoolgirl ends up in a strange world not knowing why or how she gets there. Man appears. They become companions. Great battle occurs. That alone, is extremely ordinary.

And, I loved it.

Although it was rather predictable at times, it was charming, and sweet. The art is absolutely beautiful, and the backgrounds were not lacking. The story had it's own unique little twists, and although I knew how it would end, (Good trumps evil, yada yada yada), I throughly enjoyed the ride until the very end.

If you're on the fence about reading this, I suggest that you do. I loved how the relationship between Noriko and Izark expanded throughout the books, and I found it fun, and endearing. All of the characters keep inside their boxes for the most part, but I think it's better that way, since at times, there were so many of them.

I'm rating it 8/10 overall, because I've read better, but not all of those had me hooked from the start, as Kanata Kara did.