SunburntVampire's avatar

SunburntVampire

• Joined Jan 5, 2021
  • 27

I'm at a bit of a split decision here. I can understand both sides on this one. Some people have praised this season whilst others have despised it. As with most topics, there are positives and negatives. I'll really only address the main points. First off: If you are someone who doesn't read manga and hasn't read this manga, I think you'll probably be more lenient with the direction they decided to go with this one. It does have a different atmosphere than the first season, but I welcome this change. If you don't know what you're missing out on with the manga, then you really can't be disappointed in that aspect. Secondly: I can agree with most the reviews that say this season seems rushed. I definitely see that with this season, but it doesn't really take away from the overall narrative of what they have put on screen. I still thoroughly enjoyed this season, even if not as much as the first. If you liked the first season, you'll probably still be entertained by this one. Just watch the first episode. If you're disappointed by the end, you only lost about 3-1/2 hours of your watching time.

7.8/10 overall