I don't know how to write bios, sorry. Actually, I just never really know what I'm doing in general.
The important stuff:
I'm Starra and I'm a character mod (and people mod). I mostly work on seasonal anime since I'm awful at watching things and find it hard to binge-watch older series. I also sometimes help out with manga, Chinese BL novels, BL webcomics and the occasional manhua/manhwa. With people entries, I tend to add missing VA info and sometimes add images.
The stuff nobody cares about:
- I'm your local Shingeki no Kyojin and Mo Dao Zu Shi enthusiast. Isayama Hajime and MXTX own my soul, but I never quite had one to begin with. Ancient Chinese gays made me actually read novels again after 8+ years, if nothing else.
- My top 5 anime franchises are Kuroko no Basket, Yuri!!! on ICE, Free!, Love Live! and Banana Fish. My fave manga series are Shingeki no Kyojin (GASP), Kuroko no Basket, Mahou Sensei Negima!/UQ Holder!, Oushitsu Kyoushi Heine and uh Banana Fish probably belongs here too.
- I've recently gotten into Chinese BL web novels and adore Mo Dao Zu Shi and like Heaven Official's Blessing a lot as well. I also enjoyed The Husky and His White Cat Shizun.
- I started watching anime in 2004/5 when I was about 10. My first anime/manga was either Azumanga Daiou or Love Hina (I don't remember the order), but I grew up watching Pokemon and Hamtaro. Nowadays I like sports anime and cute anime dudes, but cute anime girls are also pretty neat (and anybody in between). I also have a soft spot for bad idol anime.
- I like shipping a lot and some of what I like is apparently problematic but hey, it's fiction.
- Outside of anime I enjoy Japanese idol music and am a fan of Rooster Teeth (mainly Achievement Hunter).
- I'm a shitty weeaboo who taught myself Japanese through anime, manga and music. Apparently I'm good enough to the point where Japanese people understand me and have at least never looked confused at what I've said.
PS Zeke is best boy and did nothing wrong. Eren did nothing wrong either. Neither did Gabi. They're all good people. Or maybe they're all bad people, but they still didn't do anything wrong, dammit!