Starletka's avatar

• Joined Aug 7, 2009

Maiden Rose

Mar 18, 2021

Anime was a mistake.

Let me start by saying the animation is fine, and so is the soundtrack, but there's no way they can save this. I'm not even going to mention the completly nonsensical "plot" of the war games, because I am still traumatised by the rest.

Now, SPOILERS AHEAD. You can't really review this masterpiece without spoilers.

Like yeah. Okay. Listen. Ye. Kay. A-okay. Like there comes a point in the story about 15 minutes in where the blonde guy rapes the black haired bishounen, and I mean VIOLENT rape, blood, almost killing the dude with his dick rape, all the while screaming at him how this is really his fault and how he wanted it to happen/was asking for it. But BUT - and I shit you not - THAT'S NOT EVEN THE WORST PART. The worst part is that while this is all happening (you know, the violent bloody rape), while that is going down, the rapist IS TALKING TO A CHILD THAT IS STANDING RIGHT BEHIND THE DOOR LISTENING TO THE WHOLE THING HAPPEN. And after that, like the absolute cherry on top, comes the second episode where they torture the rapist for some completely unrelated reason (I'll be honest with you, I already forgot what it was, because I'm pretty sure I was already dead at this point), but then the bishounen suddenly ressurects and swans in the scene like "Helz, nah, bitch, this dude is my knight and I love him, and if anyone's gonna torture him it's gonna be yours truly", and I honestly don't know what kind of weird fucked up SM relationship those two have, but I'm going to stay as far away from it as I can.

I can't believe I actually watched this. Voluntarily. With my own two eyes. Give me my innocence back.

0.5/10 overall