Sriniverse28's avatar

• Joined Jul 4, 2020
  • 19

CEO's Top Secret

Oct 16, 2020

This is a toughie. I didn't exactly hate it but it was just not my cup of tea ig. I dropped it after a few chapters 'cause I knew I was going to get annoyed with the characters with each passing chapter. The MC is so unlikable, she lies like every chance she gets for stupid reasons. She takes up a job she doesn't even want because she falls in love with the company's CEO at first sight. That was a big no for me. I can get on board with physical attraction on first sight but love? Hell no. Also the ML and his best frnd love her novels and also her apparently, despite never having met her in person🤦🤦🤦(she's a romance writer btw). The CEO starts liking her after a while 'cause she does the stuff she writes to him and ig he likes that? And as if on cue the best friend also falls in love with her and he knows her real identity after a few chapters, so he's got an edge.

Anyway, the flimsy lies and terrible plot all kinda felt Manhua-ish if you know what I mean. I dropped it pretty early on so the story might have gotten bettter? Idk.

As for the pros, um...the art is pretty good, the ML is not the cold and domineering alpha male that is usually attached to that profession, he is pretty cool, loves romance novels and isn't shy to admit it. That was sort of refreshing.