Spiderus's avatar

Spiderus

• Joined Jan 26, 2019

Taboo-Tattoo

Sep 16, 2020

...Just leave while you can, alright?

The first half of this anime really interested me and at least had some flow to it. An underage karate kid gets a tattoo from a hobo on the streets and is forced to join some crazy war - seems exciting! ...If only they hadn't totally slaughtered all that potential in the second half. Enjoy slogging through a backstory that's utterly pointless, and suddenly being introduced to a dozen new chatacters with zero significance. (Being an otaku and having a gf don't make the cut, sorry bro.) It's confusing as heck, and with the ever "riveting" storyline taking wild u-turns, you simply can't follow along and there's no GPS to help you. Recalculating...

Of this expanded cast, there are multiple characters whose motives I still can't understand, nor does any of their magical science compute. The mc... literally named Justice... doesn't have much personality either. Even when facing great loss, he doesn't express it naturally for as much as he goes swearing revenge the next day.  All the rest of the team is just as flat, or suddenly appears in the last 3-4 episodes to add to their numbers in the final battle. (Don't get your spirits up about this, it's got infomercial level boredom.)

This really made me suffer. To watch such suckery and hold out till the end, only to be stabbed through the brain was an immeasurable disappointment... Piecing the story together was like solving a rubik's cube colorblind- impossible.  I'll never get those 4.8 hours of my life back. This was one of the most generic and poorly paced anime I've ever seen, and I've seen more than the usual share of crappy series as I rarely drop things! Having any hope this show would improve was the biggest mistake of my career, and I don't even have a job. So take a broke weeb's advice, and steer clear!

4.5/10 overall