SparklingLilac's avatar

• Karakura Town
  • Joined Nov 12, 2015

Jujutsu Kaisen

Nov 21, 2020

For the first 8 episodes that I've seen this seems amazing!

Gives me very much shounen vibes but in a way that is unique. Still has some tropes we've all seen before.

The potential death of a main character by the protecting institution like Nezuko in Demon Slayer, a connection, relationship and almost budding friendship between a demon like creature and it's host like Naruto and Kurama, and again a trio of students and their teacher like Naruto again and finally a main character with unimaginable power hidden inside but it's too destructive for them to use in their current weak disposition similarly to Deku in My Hero Acadamia and many other anime.

It's recommended for any who has seen the previously mentioned anime and liked those, you will absolutely fall in love with our main boy Itadori Yuuji and his friends, I can see the potential for reaching Demon Slayer and MHA levels of fandom admiration if the quality keeps it's consistency. So far no episodes have been slow in neither action packed scenes nor emotionally intense scenes. The relationship between Itadori and the other first years will be very interesting to see progress in the future.

The only reason I don't award Jujutsu Kaisen with top marks is that it's too early to tell and give a well informed judgement this early on but I'm hopeful it'll only get better from here on out.